PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silverjet
Thread: Silverjet
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2006, 20:35
BecauseCIDSsays_so!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll let you know about the trips. They said at first we would be doing c.8 trips a month i.e LTN-EWR-LTN on a back to back style so for those of you unfamiliar....

Day 1- LTN-EWR land approx 1300 local
Day 2- EWR-LTN late departure
Day 3- Land LTN 0720
Day 4- LTN-EWR Land approx 1300 local
Day 5- EWR-LTN
Day 6- Land LTN 0720
Days off

BUT...it has not been confirmed, I wonder if it will be like that for a while before more crew come online then as we get different routes etc the pattern will have to change...realistically with leave/days off etc we won't get 8 trips a month in, I'd say 6/7 MAX. It could push our hours but once more crew are in it will even out. It may be totally totally different to this, it is yet to be decided!!

The company are very switched on and I'm not just saying that because I'm new and eager lol there is a wealth of experience on the management team and they are very clued up so far, so I'm sure it will all be OK! Watch this space! And before the bashing begins, I'm not being naieve or dumb I am just being positive and optimistic, we might all end up on 'high hours' because of a rostering c**k up but thats another risk we have to take being in at the beginning. I'm more than sure that it won't happen but who knows!!

Service Excellence I really can shed no light as very little has been mentioned, I think it may be based on feedback collected onboard during the flight, thats a guess, I really don't know!

Watch this space is all I can say and if you're hesitant then don't apply until the company is more established, a lot of people need the security of knowing exactly what they're going in to but some like the 'adventure' if thats the right word...and so far it's been a good one!

Tom