PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The rubbish taught by flying instructors.
Old 23rd Dec 2006, 11:20
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trolleydriver

And my point was that things happen after reporting ready and entering the runway for departure. It isn’t you job to second guess what is going on in the cockpit of the aircraft on the runway. If for whatever reason they are still trying to sort their problem out, go around. By the way some airlines including mine have checks that can only be completed once lined up on the runway. If a problem is discovered at this point too bad for the aircraft on final. If we can vacate the runway we will. If we can’t, we can’t. That’s life. I suggest you deal with it. If as you say it happens too often where you fly then silly you for not allowing for it. Lastly calling ready doesn’t mean all checks have been completed. It means you are ready to enter the runway for take-off. There’s a big difference. How an aircraft is designed to be operated and how its checklists are used isn’t for you to judge, for you obviously don’t have the background yet to understand the reason why things are done the way they are done in the airlines. When you do you may have to eat your words.

remoak

This ex-PNG/FNQ bush basher doesn't.