PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inverness Radar
Thread: Inverness Radar
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 14:51
madlandrover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mad_jock
fair enough I apologise. You have all the ticks in the boxs.
And no I definately don't want GA to leave INV. But I supect that things will happen like at Leeds and Newcastle which will kill it off.
And yes the none local commercials don't read thier plates properly and there are some very shoddy arc's flown.
Accepted & no offence taken - it is hard to get the right tone sometimes online! Yes, I'm have a feeling that GA will struggle to stay at INV, it probably doesn't help when the SATCO states that he wants all GA to leave "his" airport (yes, he really did say that...). That wouldn't be a problem if there was somewhere for us to go - I for one would have no problems leaving the HIAL umbrella to go somewhere where we felt more valued, didn't have to fight bureaucratic inefficiency on a daily basis just to get what we're actually paying for - hangar charges to name just one - but sadly there is nowehere else. Dornoch only has so much room, I can only safely get my own aircraft - 4 seat STOL retractable tourer - in & out of Knockbain on a very favourable day with half load, etc... Maybe HIAL build us another airfield we'll move?? Unrealistic, but I can dream.