PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zoom UK
Thread: Zoom UK
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 04:13
Dominus vobiscum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

"Please remember that here in Canada the experience levels are quite a bit higher. There are a ton of pilots for airlines to pick from and therefore don't need to hire low time guys. Air Canada, Jazz, and Westjet are all hiring at this time and the majority of the guys getting on have at least 4000-5000hrs. Thats for an entry level airline job (rhs Dash-8, CRJ, EB190 or B737)"

BCF: you are correct, it takes a lot of hours in Canada but may I had that the numbers does not tell the full story...How many times did those individuals come up with Towing banner time, instructing in a 150 !!!! For a few years I flew with a lot of these folks and while some were good pilot with excellent attitude, I found many that were not equip with the minimum common sense to ride a bicycle...But they had 3000 hrs and more .Bottom line is that in Canada ( and USA) the idea of a good experience pilot comes with a big number attached to it....Unfortunately they should also pay attention to what king of flying it is and in what conditions.....With all this new technology around, 2000 hrs of flying a Beaver or towing banner does nothing to equip an individual to fly an Airline job...Nothing wrong with all different type of experience but each have a specific objective and they don't automatically add up for total experience in a EFIS Jet.

" I think it's hilarious, first of all, I wouldn't let junior with 4000 hours land on a windy day, let alone command a widebody over the high seas.
Second, if I had a nickel for every two bit operator who envisioned this that or the other airplane, i wouldn't have to fly at all." Le soixante neuf

Comments made like those of Mr 69 illustrate this sense of frustration from
some of this pseudo professionnels bunch......
Safe flying to all
D.V.