PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2006, 23:17
DeltaSix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Soundbarviolatr
I now have to turn to you for help. Someone close to me has been down on his luck and has been on a graveyard spiral for the past few years. After a lifetime of career building my father has found himself starting from scratch at close to age 60. It absolutely breaks my heart that I am able to help others in the States, including the sons and daughters of my father's so called "enemies" from this PAL scandal, and yet I cannot do anything at all to help my own father find a job in the Philippines that will feed him and his family.

And so I am reaching out to you and ask for your help. Please advise if you have real leads from General Aviation to Corporate to the Airlines, no job too big or small, flying the line or management/desk job. I am not much for holding on to pride and will easily lay it down to help a friend...especially my own father. Thank you for listening and Happy Holidays.

SBV

SBV, the question is how desperate is he ? Please don't get me wrong but sometimes we have to come back to reality that aviation jobs especially in the Philippines can somewhat be elusive for a few years for others.

As you said, he needs something to do to feed his family. I would advise that while he is looking for a flying job why doesn't he take on other jobs for the meantime. I have seen airline pilots here who have lost their jobs in an airline strike take on menial jobs just to feed their families while waiting for the break. If he is doing this now, then it's just a matter of time but then again at age 60 it might take more than just a CV being submitted. You need connection from the inside and sad to say "grease" money.

I'll PM you a guy who owns an air charter company in the Philippines as i know he is looking for a CP and see if this will do for the meantime ( I know this as the job was offered to me initially). I'll also see if I still have the name of the guy who I use to talk to in Corporate Air and PM you his details as they fly turbo props.

I myself is still working on PAL's requirements for a DEFO position.

Hope this helps and the other expats or anyone still in the land of the dead (Phils) can help. How about it guys ?...... lets help SBV's old man

Cheers
D6