PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inverness Radar
Thread: Inverness Radar
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2006, 22:46
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you Instrument or IMC rated?
If not its illegal for you to accept a RAS. Not that you will have any choice if Lossie want to seperate you.
Do you carry the instrument plates for INV, ABZ, WIK or Kinloss and the fuel for the divert?. Do you have the instruments fitted on the aircraft to do all the approaches (I have 800 hours on LP and ZA and 200 on YR) ?

Or are you banking on doing the timed VOR approach onto 23 at 90knts for a cloud break onto 05 thus totally scewing inbounds for nearly 30 mins, who if they are on min fuel with 30min hold with one in front doing the proc ie 13 mins are now going to have to divert. And if you are in a DME kitted aircraft at 90knts you are going to take 20 mins (it takes a 737 13mins to do the procedure) at max blat, if you config and all the rest of the things they teach you its going to be more like 25mins again.

If not why are you fannying around pretending to be an IFR inbound?
Its no wonder the airport want to get rid of GA.

The last prat that turned up that I heard on the RT was last month. Booked into tower at FL60 on a low QNH which put him below the MSA for that sector with 15 miles to run IMC and the hold was active at all levels down to 3500ft (I was in it). Lossie hadn't seen them on primary or secondary radar. They didn't have any plates and it took over 45 minutes before they were on the ground. All with the hold full. Its fannys like that which are putting the nail in the coffin for GA.

I really wouldn't put faith in crisp RT the lady that came out with my example was crisp and correct to the letter but she obviously didn't have a clue what canceling IFR meant.