PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Conversion from FAA to JAA coming to an end?
Old 19th Dec 2006, 11:37
luggage90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Explanations

Originally Posted by mortennb
After all the debates I have seen regarding this issue. I recently found some information thats pretty nice to see for those of us who works in the US but are thinking about working in Europe.

Here are the main text:

In JAR regulations, it is opened for a bridging system between other civil aviation authourities outside the JAA. It is being developed a new bridging system between FAA and JAA right now, but they have not yet agreed on what it will take to get the FAA licenses approved under JAA. But it is said that they will agree on this before summer 2008.
Conversion of licenses can than be one of more solutions that again will be started between FAA and JAA.

The JAA countries have in an internal research discovered that more than 70% of todays pilots in Europe have a background from USA.
JAA have realised that the pilots educated in the US in some way have to be "approved" to avoid that the whole market won't colapse.
Many of the big airliners have their own schools in the US where they educate their own pilots. This airlines have big influense on the decisons made in JAA, and they have said in clear text that the US education will be number 1 compared to EU, and that European education in no way can compare with this in the near future. Espesially thinking about price for the education.

One of the Scandinavian countries CAA are now validating all of your licenses except CFI/II every year untill the new bridging system between FAA and JAA is set.

Opinions?

1) Could you be mor clear in what you are saying : "I recently found some information " ? Where does the text you are writing come from?

2)When you are saying "One of the Scandinavian countries CAA are now validating all of your licenses", could you be more precise?

Thanks