PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 4
Thread: CORK - 4
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2006, 02:10
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair & Easyjet

The Bean Counter:

As for Competing on Gatwick/Palermo & Pisa, Ryanair do not fly these routes. However, they do serve these airports from London Stansted. I gather you meant they were competing on London area to Palermo and Pisa. I have to say I agree with RE72 on this one. Totally different airports miles apart and when factoring in driving conditions , its a long way.

Back to my comment about madrid/rome, prior to me writing that comment the website was showing that Easyjet was not flying it after March 24th, this seems to have changed. So you are right on that.However, I dont forsee any intense competition. Probably a daily rotation each and this frequency is unlikely to require major discounting as seats will fill up easily. But going back to my original comments I dont think it is to wide of the mark to say that they will (FR & EZY) will stay out of each others ways . Certainly where like for like routes are concerned.

RE: Air Humberside comment , could be seen as anti competitive, I think you are absolutley right, but how can it be proven and also it is I would its a very informal gentlemans agreement . What do you think ?