PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enrolling for PPL in Johor, Malaysia
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2006, 10:19
9M-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by astina
40K RM thats abit expensive, I remember I spent about RM14K few years back to get my PPL, but of course the fuel price go up and instructor fee go up. with RM40K I think Singapore is a better option but again, you will need to get some cross country hours before they issue you the un-restrict licence.

Conversion from DCA to CAAS can be done but basically you will need to join a singapore flying club and pass airlaw, dual flight about 4hrs and sit for a flgiht test, this will cost you some money as you have to join as member (the membership and mthly subscription are not cheap)

How can it come up to rm40k? the average price per hour is rm 500 and on the average a student will take about 50 hours to get the ppl and it will only amount to rm 25k which converts to sgd$ 10800

If one learns in seletar the cost is about SGD$280 per hour which will amount up to about sgd$14000 + membership $2500 Afterwhich the student will only get a restricted PPL and still need to go to johor to fly navigation before a full ppl can be issued.

Do the math and you will know where to go .