PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAS and Typhoon
Thread: CAS and Typhoon
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2006, 08:36
Inspector Dreyfuss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fast jets? Very 1990s, as some mates in the Army would say. Isn't the real work at the moment being done by SH, ISTAR and AT? (Harrier excepted).
I also agree with previous correspondents that Stn Cdrs and above shouldn't be taking hours from the JPs when the latter are short of experience and struggling for cockpit time. Invest in the future. Let the operators get on with their job and concentrate on the real battles that require the attention of senior management and leadership. Resources, retention, conditions, welfare etc - let alone the battles with the Treasury & Civil servants and, let us face it, the other 2 services - many of whom in the MOD are trying to undermine the RAF.
I may be wrong - if so I propose a new programme for the 'lead from the front' CAS.
Mon - am deal with in tray, check press cuttings; pm - 4 ship lead from Marham.
Tue - Q at Coningsby and conduct promotion board, postings etc from the shed. Nothing like a bit of long screwdrivering!
Wed - am sortie as ALM in a Chinnok; pm stand in for OC PSF at Leeming.
Thur - Control sortie on E-3D, evening night flying currency on Tucano at Cranwell.
Friday - am C-130J work up; pm - spot of approach work in ATC followed by 5 minute meeting with Des Browne to catch up with 2 major conflicts that teh UK is engaged in - followed by happy hour on the 'Belgrano' (rig: flying suit to show leadership credentials).
etc......