PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enrolling for PPL in Johor, Malaysia
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2006, 06:12
drumx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 085781
cost wise it would come up to about 40k.
Actually even if the cost is stated in RM, it is also IMO overpriced. I began at Fras when the fuel price was as low as 360RM for dual sortie and that was in mid 2005. Now the price for dual sortie is 525RM. Almost a 45% increase due to fuel prices? All SPL holders will be paying 525RM for either dual or solo sorties utill you get your PPL then you can go for the solo rates at 465RM.

Total amount for me spent at fras amount to somewhere around S$12k for my full PPL. Be prepared to pay for more as I have been thru some fuel prices changes therefore my expenses may not be applicable to you.

IMO again, it doesn't matter if you fly at Fras, Elite or JFC. As long as you feel comfortable there, you learn your fair amount of flying, you go for your first solo and eventually your PPL there. That would basically cover what you wish to do over there.

We can only provide advice here, it would still be best if you go down to the 3 clubs and make your own comparison there. See what is the plane you wish to fly like 9M has said before.

Thats for now, if you wish to clarify more. You can post your questions here.
Cheers man! 9M_XXX - Johor Ground - Good Morning!