PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 4
Thread: CORK - 4
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2006, 02:45
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rumours of an Easyjet return

Hi everyone!
I was reading the rumours about EZY possibly coming back to ROI. I think it's highly unlikely.

A source in EZY Luton has told me that the Irish routes did well in terms of Loads but yield was not good. They expect that any link to ROI would result in a Ryanair reaction. They are not interested in this type of competition, as they believe there are lots of profitable routes in Europe that would be more beneficial. In addition, Easyjet is trying to increase the average profit per passenger , which is going well and entry onto Irish routes would be suicidal,in that respect.

Apart from that, my EZY contact has said that Ryanair and Easyjet heads have met and have an understanding not to go onto the same routes head to head, and if you analyse the networks you will only see a few like for likes eg. Liverpool/Krakow, Stansted/Valencia. Many of these routes were pre existing and since the whole Stansted ORK, SNN & NOC experience occured they have been very much staying out of each others ways.

Think about it. In Madrid they both have a new base but they are not serving any of the same routes.EZY are dropping CIA/MAD as FR starts the same one. Ryanairs new routes to Turkey and Morocco are not in competition with EZY. THere are examples.

Ryanair have scaled down expansion at LTN and EZY are not expanding much at STN.... What does anyone think ?

For 1 I think that EZY are a wonderful airline and would love to see them come back but really I cant see it happening.