PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commercial Aviation Pay Rates
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2006, 20:22
Cyclone Bob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chimbu

Well said.

Those who are interested only in money have chosen the wrong profession. Sure, the flying schools are churning out masses of pilots and here in nz its not helped by an easy interest free student loan scheme. But in my experience, 80% of the muppets who turn up on day one of the course will not be there after 2 years to prostitute themselves out and steal our jobs. Of those that eventually make their CPL after shagging around and not bothering to turn up to class, most will see the light find it's too hard, grab another student loan and study something else.
Maybe I am exaggerating a little...But my point is it doesn't matter how many sausages the factories make, those who do make it to bigger and better things have had the intestinal fortitude to get there and good on them. They succeed because they WANT to fly. I don't think there will be many that look back on where they started in aviation and not have good memories despite the s**t they had to put up with on the way. If you are still bitter and twisted about how the industry has treated you, I hope i don't have to sit next to you in the cockpit one day and listen to you go on about it.