PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Well Done EK Flight Ops. Management! (Morphed to the V/S thread)
Old 17th Dec 2006, 13:59
outhouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We fly around with cadets in the right seat.

I would like to just get some clarification re the cadet pilot in the right hand seat.
Experience indicates that most emerging airlines have a young blood program; this generally is structured to allow company sponsored cadets who have completed basic training (CPL & IR and Type Rating) to gain experience and hours, flying revenue flights under the guidance and supervision of qualified TRI’s initially, then LTC’s and after satisfactory competence testing and a suitable number of hours experience being released to fly with aircraft commanders. I would expect that a similar procedure exists with EK.

Back in the good old days I remember that they flew as second officers and acted as the third member of the flight deck crew, thus ensuring the correct balanced level of experience available.

The use of these extremely low hour pilots to fill a right hand seat without suitable checks and balances seems to me to be rather inappropriate, clarification please.
outhouse.