PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ascots plans to shut down Jandakot: Murray Shire minutes
Old 17th Dec 2006, 01:57
Islander Jock

I don't want to be the best pilot in the world - Just the oldest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nil Defects,
I am sure that they will fight the fight for a while longer
. They may well do but I would suggest their energy will be now wasted on fighting why they should have to honor the conditions of their lease and airport master plan.

Fact is, they went into this in the most naive and inept way possible. Not one of their reasons for moving was based on soldid evidence or supported by industry experts. Rather they thought they could hop across the Indian Ocean and treat us as they did the locals back in their part of the world. BIG mistake - HUGE!

Not a single person was ever fooled by the garbage they put in the press or in their PR dream sheets. For chrissake, go to www.arid.com.au and have a look at the amateurish work done by that lot.

I agree perhaps not be complacent but at least take some comfort now that we have support from the highest possible levels of government.

Wiz,
Don't see on what basis they could or would mount a challange. Take out a lease, honor and conduct your business within the provisions of the lease. Pretty simple really.

They (Ascot) never had a mandate to relocate the airport. It was something dreamt up by them. But as this is a "rumour" network I'll throw a bit of dieso on the fire. A source informed me that someone previously from JAH was paid 7 figures to broker the deal for Ascot and allegedly informed them at the time the land would be available for re-development. So much for due diligence on their part. Bet the shareholders will be asking some questions at the next meeting.