PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Australia Airlines
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2006, 20:06
regionalguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think about it

"My understanding is that the company basically does not want to budge from the proposal that was offered, they must accept however that it was voted down by a large majority and there are things they will need to change in order for their business to continue to run. Industrial action is a real option for us"

Are you serious Dasher ? the company don't have to re negotiate again, let alone give us anything. all management in the qf group will be absolutely shing themselves at the moment, wondering what the new bosses are going to do with their jobs or worse, what they'll be expected to do to keep it. all i know is corporate take overs are not usually done so that they can spend more money, i'm pretty sure the whole idea is cut back everywhere, whether they can really afford to or not, and just make more money and lots of it. thats if they don't "let go" of areas that aren't making enough money........

and as for industrial action, you are completely narrow minded if you think that all (or even the majority) of eaa crew are going to be prepared to take industrial action. We have had a lot of new crew over the last couple of years and we cannot expect them to feel as passionately about the working conditions. lets face it, their just happy to be in a job they love. Then there is the not so new crew, who understand that the job we are all in, is not the same and is forever changing and also realise that this will happen with or without us.

i agree with you we should stick togther and become united, however it just not realistic amongst our crew. listen in the crew room already, sure you've got the outspoken no voters, but what about the others that sit quitely or change the subject. whilst we might be the most vocal, we are by no means the majority. it just insanity to think that because 80 voted no that they will all take action.

by the way give casa a call and see how long it takes to have someone certified to work on the dash, i understand its about 4 days, the rest of our training is company rstuff not casa. So how much of the business is not going to run without us anyway. they trained managers up when long haul were taking action a couple of years ago, do you really think we at eaa are going to scare the group into doing nothing.

Whatever it is we do from here, we need to think it through carefully including the potential risks to us as a group. Its time to get our heads out of our back sides and look at this situation with an open and realistic mind.

PS Dasher is it only when people on this site talk about AF that you get upset or is that rule for everyone this forum talks about ?..... he wasn't just "making enquiries" about the actions of the union and management, this forum tells us that he was lodging complaints about them thanks to a quote from the MSN chat room where he left his name and his number. if even he, "the almighty mis-informed no voter" can't be honest about his actions, how do you really expect people to respect him enough to take his advice and so called leadership ? He was wrong about the trumped up coercion so now he was just making enquiries... looks nothing like the behavoiur of a leader to me, more like the gutless moves of short man syndrome ie: always ready to talk it up but with nothing there to back it up. by the way is he still a union rep ? surely they've got to have something to say about his failed attempt at a complaint.

Last edited by regionalguy; 16th Dec 2006 at 22:00. Reason: grammer