PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Conversion from FAA to JAA coming to an end?
Old 16th Dec 2006, 01:21
Darren999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Controller- I started off training in the UK due to weather and other constrants I travelled to the US to finish all my training. I did however flying privately in the UK. Once I obtained my CFI I started to teach in the US, I was lucky to be able to obtain a green card. I worked as a CFI building time, like most of us do, I then through a lot of study and hard work I achived my ATP.
I now fly the AW139. I would like sometime to return to the UK to be closer to my family, however I do not see why I should study for a further 14 exams to do the work in the UK I do here. On your post you state that pilots get there licences cheaper, and easier. I can quite assure you I didn't find the studying or the flight tests easier. Are you thinking that the quaility of training is not up to par with the JAA? Am I not as good as if I was trained under JAA....
If the rules changed somewhat I would consider returning to the UK. As posted above there would not be a rush of pilots back to the UK. Just my thoughts..