PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Conversion from FAA to JAA coming to an end?
Old 15th Dec 2006, 19:36
mortennb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Um... lifting...
mortennb- Looking at it from your angle, consider this too. How many Americans do you know of in Europe with low-time flying jobs as compared to the other way around? I couldn't say, but I expect there are more Europeans doing flight instruction in the US than the other way around. The US itself may be pressuring the JAA to reduce its restrictions to make it easier for Europeans and Americans both to train and work in their respective homes.
Hey..

I want to give my first answer to you controller.
Yes, I did a research before I chose to take this education. But I can now say that as a guy with 0 experience for aviation. It's hard to understad what you have to go through to get JAA licenses. You read that I have to do a distance learning course with 14 exams in each topic. And think, ok.. I can do that.
But what you don't think about is the cost and time it takes to do it after 2 years away. Than you would like to start building more experience and pay off my loan.
And even though I want to continue learning, after full education in the US, and working your ass of as a CFII for enough money to barely live on, I would like to take a step up when I have reached my magical 1000.

I know that if I had a permanet work visa in the US. I would probably get a job within 2 weeks doing the same job as most people in Europe. But instead I need to come up with more money, study more and probably not fly for a year again. Doesnt sound fun.

There is 2 options you have to choose from when taking this education.

1. Do you want to get the education cheaper and have a great chance of getting a job as a flight instructor building your own experience and knowledge up. As well as getting allot of connections all over the world

or

2. Do you want to take the whole education in Europe. Struggeling to get a job so you can build time. As well as having a loan almost twice the size as if you took it in US?

Most people go for number 1.

And lifting.

I have never heard of anyone going the other way. Witch is pretty logical.