PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Australia Airlines
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2006, 13:09
dasher8dash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All,

I have been reading these forums for some time but like many others have only now gotten the urge to post an opinion. Can I say that I am trully concerned that some people are using this site as a way of berating, belittleing and basically being rude to their collegues.
I must say that I think AF is a great guy who like us all is concerned about his future work conditions, all he has done is made some enquiries into some of the actions the union and management have made and shared the response he recieved with collegues. With the information that was shared each individual can do with it what they want.
So for those of you posting your venomous opinions, stop hiding behind this site and either say it directly to him or stop typing!!

Now for the problem at hand, we as Eastern flight attendants must stop our inner bickering and start to address our situation. We need to be reasonable and unified in what we want from the company and of course be prepared that we will need to give up some (not all) of our current working conditions. Lets start to get an idea of exactly what it is we want, if we can get some personal opinions down then its a start.

My understanding is that the company basically does not want to budge from the proposal that was offered, they must accept however that it was voted down by a large majority and there are things they will need to change in order for their business to continue to run. Industrial action is a real option for us but we must stick together - I would be very interested in us now posting ideas on exactly what reasonable conditions we are willing to forego or wish to retain.

Is it fair to say that we do not want DTA?
Is it a MUST that we retain our 7 hour day 2 rule?
How important is the base salary?

Would love to gauge some peoples answers to questions like these!!