PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAT (Oxford) - the thread, reborn (Part XXVII)!
Old 15th Dec 2006, 12:39
Donandar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Craggenmore
Robbed_60Grand,
What a good post and you certainly do not need to justify it. It bought back memories of being scrapped myself and it will also read true to many, many of my associates who attended during the same period.
Ahhhh! So OAT still lie about their placement stats! What a surprise; must fill those seats...!
All of my class found jobs as a result of our own determination; no one had a recommendation. However, just like the quote above, as soon as OAT got wind about some of us gaining employment, they claimed on their web site that the job had come through them..! They knowingly lied and took the credit for our hard work. These were libelous claims with the sole intention to improve their marketing information. OAT had nothing to do with our success.
I would imagine that at least 20% of those placement figures are falsely credited to OAT.
Nothing changes.
Certainly starting to see a little bit more truth behind OAT - but when I looked over their stats I noticed it doesn't actually claim that it came through them... Which at the end of the day is fair enough, just take into account they're not all via. OAT's efforts. Nothing to get too wound up about.

"The great majority of these were as a direct result of placement facilitation through OAT; but some were also achieved through graduate efforts themselves."