PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sideslipping high wing cessnas with flaps
Old 14th Dec 2006, 22:20
FormationFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point is Formation Flyer I am sure you know what you are doing however I am also acutely aware of the impressionable ways of many private/student even instructor pilots who having read a post with a phrase suposedly dispelling a myth may not have bothered to read the whole caveats or understood them particularly because you left it a number of days to eloborate your statement.
Indeed I do, This is the instructor and examiner forum I hasten to add. It is intended for those 'in the know'. Yes I have flown most variants of the PA28 and spun the PA28 140 many many times.

However to suggest that pilots/students reading this forum might be gullible enough to go and spin an aircraft on the basis of a forum posting is quite ridiculous. If you do know anyone like this please stop them getting into ANY aeroplane - I for one dont ever want to meet this sort of person in the air - In all my years as an instructor I have yet to meet any pilot nor taught any students I would say are possibly this stupid. I think aviation training has a nice habit of keeping such people away from aircraft.

The post was not about dispelling the PA28 myth - that was an offhand comment in regard to a widely held view outside of the instructor community in which I am posting. My comments were about the sideslip with flap myth which I did fully describe at the time of posting.

I think you are being somewhat over-sensitive and if I worried about every tiny comment I ever made being mis-read and acted upon by an idiot then I would probably have to stay very very quiet....which one or two people might say is a good thing

I would imagine you never say the phrase 'go and stick your head in an oven' in case someone who overheard you actually went and did it without being fully aware of the potential dangers of gas inhilation...