PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CityFlyer
Thread: BA CityFlyer
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2006, 09:00
AlphaCharlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skianyn Vannin:

"Well, I for one have bid to go to EDI as my first choice on the latest bid form. Not sure the company has any long term future, but at least I'll stay on a real aeroplane and have a bit more breathing space while I try and find another job.

The only other thing on the table is to continue flying the 146 until its demise, and then fly a Q400 based in Timbuktu. Its pretty obvious there won't be enough seats in MAN for everyone. If Uncle Brian says I can't have a command at FlyBe then all I have to look forward to is FlyBe RHS TP pay, which hasn't been brought into line with their Jet payscales.

All in all I don't think I have anything to lose."

Thank god - doesn't sound like Flybe would want you anyway! "A real aeroplane" - yes because the Q400 is a pretend one with fake wings and engines and doesn't really fly, it nips on to the M74 when no one is watching to make the journey up and down the country, and hops on the P&O out of SOU when it has to go into Europe.

How do you figure there won't be enough seats in MAN. Have you looked at the proposed aircraft base plan on www.nextgenerationairline.com ?? 11 aircraft in MAN which will then be replaced in turn by Q400s and no doubt some 195s. And I wasn't aware that our bases where overly different from those your company offered. IOM and INV and more tibuktu than NWI and EXT. You have bid to move to EDI on the RJ, but you wouldn't consider moving to GLA, EDI, BHX, SOU with Flybe because at Flybe these places are tibuktu?? You do know we operate from GLA not PIK right?

As for RHS pay on the Q400, do you honestly think Flybe can force you to take a pay cut? No, if you are not offered command on the Q400 (which it sounds like you more than have the hours for) your salary will be red-ringed until our salaries catch up.

Here's an idea ... why not try Flybe - they aren't charging you! You will more than likely get promoted, get a bigger salary than you are on now, and they can't bond you for the Q400 rating, so you in fact have plenty of breathing space here whilst deciding whether to look for another job or not. Who knows, you might even find that Flybe has career prospects compared to BA CityFlyer with a stagnant workforce on a fleet of old RJ100s?

Just a thought mind. Oh and by the way, you come and land the Q400 in winds gusting 40 knots and try and get a good landing at the end, and then tell us all at Flybe that its not a real aeroplane, and that its just a turd turboprop. I look forward to shaking your sweat covered hand!