PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mas downsizing part 1
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2001, 18:35
ace1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with some of the points raised but the bottom line is you.... yourself. As Commanders, we must be able to weed out what's wrong and lead the young one's especially the Co-pilots. If one wants to be called professionals, then one must act like one.... unless you want to be drivers.
Just look at the lorry drivers on the roads, they act like hooligans. We complain about their attitude, much the same with some of your complaints about the "so-called" old farts on the B744... but you 'young' ones act just like them, infact worse than that.
I've heard stories about them young commanders act as if you're the only flyers in this damn world. And I have trained these so-called macho guys on the big birds and what do I see... "sheer incompetence", a Commander that don't even know basic command qualities.
Yeah, you guys can fly; there's no doubt about that. But flying alone does not suffice in these modern times. A lot is expected from Commanders nowadays as we are not only trained to fly but to manage an aircraft.
Let's not talk about them old farts up there with their so called "command qualities" but what we can do to improve the cockpit environment. No amount of training, be it CRM, PEW or even FITP can help if we do not improve ourselves.
The saying goes: "Don't do onto others what you don't want others to do onto you"