PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mas downsizing part 1
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2001, 16:20
steelbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Gentlemen,
I have had the opportunity to fly on the right for some exceptional commanders as well as some very dissapointing ones.
Now I too am a commander and a trainer,and I say this in all honesty that a person's competence comes from his/her personal attitude and pride in his work.It has nothing to do with his age or the fact that he has reached the apex of his career(B744)or just starting out.
To those who pretend that all is well with the younger generation,do take an honest look.They are some among this generation too who know not as much as they ought too, only worse they don't have the experience to boot as well.(Believe me it will count when the chips are down,assuming you have been paying attention to its lessons)As for those who are "gen-ed UP",do you think it's possible that they were well guided by some of those "geriatrics" ?
Blaming the more senior ones for the misbehaviour of the "younger" pilots is simply being callous.(caviar4me)
We need to learn both from the books as well as the experience life and others have to offer us.Don't be in a rush or think we know all there is too know.As the saying goes "Ambil yang jernih,buang yang keruh" and you'll be be a better man for it.

Cheers!

[ 14 October 2001: Message edited by: steelbird ]