PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Line Pilot's Working Week
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2006, 11:24
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you sure you made the right career choice? you sound a bit negative about the whole thing. Is there nothing specific about the job you enjoy?
Well Bandito, since you ask, yes I did. I think I could have earned more over the years in banking, but I am definitely not a 9-5 commute every morning type. Flying still thrills me, and I really enjoy it. I have retired from a full career with one airline, and having gotten bored being idle, retired and moderately wealthy, now work for another airline doing what I like doing. It's not money that brought me back after 34 years with one airline. It's not the uniform (we don't even have 'wings' now!), or 'posing'. I have worked in minimum pay jobs, I had fill-in jobs as lifeguard, factory worker and building site labourer, all I loathed, and it didn't help I was always looking out of the window dreaming and wanting something else. So instead of asking questions, how about you telling us about your motivation and what's driving you? Too many people think they can ask all sorts of questions without providing any information about themselves in return! So?