PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Line Pilot's Working Week
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2006, 10:20
Bandit650

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stpaul
Bandit650

Also flying covers a large area, airline is just one area, are you not interested in other types of flying? Why not?
You have chosen to be an airline pilot without even knowing about it (hence your orginal post), this suggests a lack of research. How do you know you want to be an airline pilot when you don't know the job?
Lots of assumptions being made here about where I am / am not / motives etc. I dont want to enter into a posting war answering off-topic points about motivation and pyschology etc etc. I just wanted to get an idea about airline work. You are correct in pointing out there are lots of alternatives, hence the question about one of the main forms of flying work - the airlines. All I hear is negative comments - why does noone mention what they like about flying for an airline?. When I fly as a PPL I enjoy making the decisions and doing the work necessary to ensure it will be safe. Its challenging and rewarding. All I want to know is if airline flying offers the same. Or is it mind-numblingly boring for crap money and loads of hassle?

By posting the original question I'm doing the very research you are suggesting.

Last edited by Bandit650; 13th Dec 2006 at 10:33.