PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar International Losing Pilots Already?
Old 13th Dec 2006, 01:58
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.Buzzy
Herin is the character of Gnadenburg.
Thats all from me thanks
The next few years, will see more opportunity for Australian pilots with professional mobility. However, Australian pilots are cheap & nasty, reliable to undercut and even scab.The rumoured ( and I doubt if true ) loss of seven J* pilots to Korean will be my case in point.

$10,000 USD barely an acceptable package tax free. So, any J* A330 pilots will be number crunching on an assumption that they will not be paying Australian tax- despite a commuting contract in clear breech of non-residancy status.

How would you feel as a Qantas pilot? Jetstar have undercut your conditions by a ridiculous and almost spiteful margin. They have taken away your promotional opportunity, and left you in a dire industrial position.

And now, J* pilots, to make ends meet, and in a stance far easier to take than negotiating a better package, are making a mockery of Australian airline pilots. J* International is now a springboard to the contract world!

But the catch is, they will have to use tax evasion to make the numbers work!

In terms of market forces, they are filling a void falsely and cheaply. As a consequence, they could well be driving general pilot condions down- by providing Asian carriers with cheap Australian labour. The Korean package, probably should be 14 USD a month, to compensate taxation payable in Australia.

A leap in Northern Asian contract packages will send a chill through airline managment near and afar.

So, yes, dob these mugs in if they are tax evaders. You are doing the profession a favour! And it is not only QF pilots who will eventually be affected.

Last edited by Gnadenburg; 13th Dec 2006 at 02:21.