PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 3 (Including the FlyBe/BACon merger)
Old 11th Dec 2006, 20:41
JobsaGoodun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GBALU53
The very big question is Can Flybe handle all what they have taken on YES or NO????
Without doubt...YES!

It is regrettable when any airline opts to cease operation on a route that is planned and I think it's fair to say that there will always be those who suffer. The aquisition of BAConnect may well have thrown up some issues that no one on here is privy too, and this could be the route cause of the cancellation.

CVTDog - yes you could have booked with BMI but it wasn't so long ago that their customers at Teeside suffered a similar fate when they withdrew services. Clearly i'm not aware of the correspondance between yourself and Flybe but maybe they were simply giving you all the facts so that you know what can/cannot be expected of them post any cancellation. Had they just sent you notice of the cancellation then it could be argued that they weren't providing enough reason behind the decision. I think by quoting EU Law they were simply advising you your rights.....I see nothing wrong with this.

I guess there will be some "tough luck" comments from this forum, but its the sensation that I just dont matter to FlyBe because I am PAX.
Passengers are an airlines life blood, do you realy believe in this statement?

So - FlyBe dont want my business any more. They will no longer fly to Spain from BHX
Wrong - I'm sure Flybe will welcome your business again in future on any of the existing routes that they operate. It would be very difficult for them to take your business on a route they no longer operate!!!!

BHXALC was good for a while but with Flybe, BMIBaby and Monarch all offering scheduled services and with the charter airlines also in for a piece of the pie I imagine that Flybe can make better use of their resource elsewhere rather than fighting it out for 'bucket and spade trade'. I'm sure plenty of BHX travellers would much rather see new destinations such as Split and Dubrovnik launched rather than have 3 aircraft from 3 different airlines all head off to ALC within an hour of each other.