PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 3 (Including the FlyBe/BACon merger)
Old 11th Dec 2006, 19:23
CVTDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disgusted by FlyBe - Cancelled Route

I am now a really grumpy EX-FlyBe pax who used to like the way they treated me, with resonable fares and generally pretty nice people to interface with.

Well - the phone calls to my home this aftenoon which cancelled my Mums flight and my wife and kids flight to join me in Alicante were delivered in a terrible manner, in a matter of fact way. (its all in the small print apparantly) by someone who had absolutely NO care and compassion for the mayhem they were causing.

So - FlyBe dont want my business any more. They will no longer fly to Spain from BHX. This is effective from Jan 2007. Due to "operational reasons"

My Feb half term flights are invalid. Cancelled.

I have two choices - I can have my money back or drive 218 miles to Exeter.

They have treated me with contempt - they will not assist me with any compensation so that I can book with the more expensive BMI flight. I HAVE to travel on that day so I will HAVE to pay out. If I had booked with BMI on the same time day it would have only cost £15 more, now its £50. I stayed with FlyBe because I am a fairly loyal customer (10 rtn flights from BHX to ALC in the last 12 months) and I wanted to try the E195.

Surely they knew when I booked the flights less than 25 days ago that they were going to suspend the route

I guess there will be some "tough luck" comments from this forum, but its the sensation that I just dont matter to FlyBe because I am PAX.

They are doing what they can get away with, because they can (they even quoted EU law at me) and because I ticked a box on a web page.

They have the "right" to change a schedule, as it says in the small print, but to use that clause to cancel flights and break our contract seems a abuse of the system without proper recompense

Havent they heard of goodwill ? (daft question)

Grrrrrrr