PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 X-wind
Thread: A380 X-wind
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2006, 01:12
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Zeke my ol chum.
Been busy last week making sure you get your 13th month and profit sharing this year.
don't forget I actually fly the 777, so I'm probably one of the busiest boys in the company, and i'm not even close the overtime. So enough of the "making sure you get your 13th month" jibes.
Had another look at your FCOM 3, dates june this year, the page is now L.22. Word for word the same as the older PDF I had. Still does not read as you have posted.
page L22.1 is the one you seem to be referring to, it is indeed the one I quoted from earlier. Mate have you actually read it????????? READ THE NOTE IN BOLD I quoted it verbatum above, I didn't change the wording and copied it down exactly. There is no doubt reading it, ALL 777 Pilot's from the CP down to the JFO's all read it the same way I do. The only limits ( apart from Contaminated runways ) apply to LWMO conditions, otherwise it's 38kts.
Runway width is the simple answer, not all runways are 60m wide.
Maybe a possibility with other airlines but not with CX. Personally I doubt Boeing would have made it that complicated for other operators either. They got their aircraft certified to land in 38kts Xwind on a 45m or 60m Rwy.Ideed we fly into both 45m and 60m Rwys and there is no difference with our Xwind limits for either size.
Are there any 30m Rwy's that a 777 could land on???????????? not sure but it ain't mentioned in our manuals that's for sure.
So good try my Airbus lovin friend. Now back to the Bus for you.

Last edited by ACMS; 11th Dec 2006 at 02:54.