Thread: UKIA
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2006, 18:29
bmibaby.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UPS@EMA
Just asked a few questions to their director. this is his response:
Hi Stuart
No problem at all. We have purchased 3 aircraft's. They are ex- United Airlines and our first aircraft is in Brunei having its final maintenance done. It has already been transferred onto UK register and should be here by end of December or first week of January. Our second aircraft is being ferried to Brunei as we speak for its maintenance. Our Ground Ops Manager has been talking to Service Air for handling at NEMA and seats will go on for sale only after we have received our AOC which is in its final stages and should be getting issued in Jan or Feb. We had applied our AOC in the month of July this year. You know the market that we want to go there is no need for advance sales at all. It is busy through out the year and hence no selling in advance.
Not to discredit what UKIA stands for, but based on the general lexicon of this official email I'd say it is pretty unprofessional for a UK based airline. Poor grammar, incorrect spelling of the handling agent they claim to be using - it doesn't bode very well really. I would love for UKIA to succeed, there is a real need for an airline to connect the Midlands with longhaul destinations particularly in Asia, however I would not like this to become the Midlands' answer to an airline like Air Scotland. It's a shame really that a more established airline (dare I say bmi) hasn't had the thought of launching flights to this market.