PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bachelor in Aviation?
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2006, 15:08
dream747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankly speaking my career aspiration all along is to be an airline pilot. I'm not going for it because of it's pay and benefits but for what it is.

I'm looking for a path that will lead me to closest possible opportunity to be an airline pilot rather than having a mindset that one should go to university. Many said that university life is great but frankly I can forgo that if that path doesn't aid my cause. I'm unsure because I'm not sure what the airlines are looking for and how their expectations will change in the future. Will higher qualifications mean anything? It seems that asian airlines (around my area) prefer their pilots to have degrees. Or all they're looking for is experience? I'm pretty unsure of doing a certain course and ending up with airlines saying that I'm not suitable for them then that it'll be a great disappointment.

I really wish to try fulfil this dream of mine first before anything else as I frankly find it hard to give it up! Well if I ever start on pilot training I will definately do more studying outside that so as to have something to fall back on in the worst possible situation.

Last edited by dream747; 10th Dec 2006 at 15:20.