PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ek This Bad?
Thread: Is Ek This Bad?
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2006, 04:05
145qrh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish our friends from overseas, mainly the Americas it would seem, would realise that "if you don't like it leave mantra" is almost completely bollocks..Leaving an expat job to go home , or elsewhere for that matter, is not the same as leaving McDonald's to go and work at Wendy's.

Many ( or most ) of us are unhappy that is without debate. What is up for debate is under what pretext we came here. I for one believed it was the job for me, good money, quick command, company of integrity, etc,etc, well that is the line recruitment was giving 4 years ago, and to be fair I think they were being honest.

The bar stewards have become increasingly greedy since then, the DEC debacle was the first of many things that have had an adverse effect on peoples lives....and all we get from our "management" and our brothers on the outside is ":if you don't like it leave"...Bollucks...

If you leave EK within , lets say 5 years or so you will take a huge financial hit, I am just about the same financial positing now I was in over 3 years ago,,bear in mind that is where I was, not where I would have been if I had not joined, all things being equal. SO quite behind the drag curve . Never mind the expense of doing it all in reverse......

Families get settled, kids enjoy school,, and yes you do get used to having a maid( if you can find a good one ), it's nice to see the sun, although you cant enjoy it, it's so effin hot in the summer, but still nice to see.

So as I hope you opinionated lot can see , please look at the bigger picture, life is a lot more complex than some meaningless sound bite " if you don't like it leave" ....

ps if you lot think it's so good, why aren't you here, as someone said we are so desperate now that you may be in with a shout...