PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan
Thread: Air Japan
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2001, 17:24
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EPIRB, yes there is a color vision test using the Ishihara (I mean who ELSE would the Japanese use!!) colour test reading tne numbers from a book, as well as the jet of air shot into the open eye, some co-ordination tests, near and far vision, reading small print from a book (circles with breaks in varying positions) in a dark room, and a few others.
eyes wide shut also forgot to mention the usual hearing (audiometric) test, done in a soundproof cabinet.
Blood tests (fasting) check EVERYTHING in addition to HIV/AIDS, drugs, alcohol, cholestrol, red and white blood cell count, liver function, sugar, etc, etc.
BMI is calculated at the initial, and every renewal. At the initial check, I would GUESS (and I repeat only GUESS) that the max allowance over optimum BMI would be no more than 15%.
Chest X-rays are an annual event - nothing like added doses of unneeded radiation!!
Oh yes, the initial also includes a grip test.

If you can think of any other tests NOT mentioned here, then they probably ARE included - it's just that you do so bloody many, you forget!!

And the medical's the EASY part!

Still reckon they're paying enough??

Remember one last thing - you're going to be LOCKED in to this contract for 5 YEARS, and while you are employed by one of the Japanese airlines, none of the others will look at you (no poaching, by mutual agreement) until you have completed your current contract, AND left their employ... a period of 3 months has been quoted. So having that JCAB licence won't get you a shoe-in anywhere else in Japan, if you quit early.

[ 05 September 2001: Message edited by: Kaptin M ]