PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - National Jet Systems - Recruiting.
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2006, 09:25
ITCZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawk777
Unfortunately $60K as a jet F/O is still better than $45K as a Bras F/O so its going to be hard to say no and I would say there will be a few takers.
I'll just take your point in another direction.... I may be wrong but NJS very rarely hired Bras FO's straight in to its jets.

In fact NJS have often been very lucky in whom they have working for them. A good number of ex-CASA FOI, plenty of ex-military folk from all services including QFIs and fast jet pilots, lots of 89ers with plenty of jet airline experience. Lots of former chief pilots, chief flying instructors, etc. From what I hear there are only three or four pilots out of the lot that did not at least hold a two crew turboprop command before finding themselves as a 146 or 717 FO. Like a lot of operators when they hire an FO they are hopefully hiring someone that they can promote to Captain one day. NJS certainly looked for people that had 'a little bit extra.' Not so much in terms of being hotshot pilots but pilots that can take on some of the extra challenges of flying the 146 or 717 into poorly supported locations, as against buzzing between capital city aerodromes with easy access to maintenance, catering, etc.

I reckon they will have trouble attracting the kind of people they are used to getting.