PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA, RBA, MAS
Thread: SIA, RBA, MAS
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2001, 01:45
Volmet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I think I should jump onboard this thread after hearing all the 'nice' things to say about Brunei.

I was born and orginally from Brunei. However, being of a Chinese descent, the government has flat out refused to offer citizenship. And this goes for my father and grandparents' generation as well.
Instead a Pink ID card and a "stateless" or should I say useless passport were issued.

It's hysterically funny now that I go back and enquire about their cadet program, I was told I am a foreigner and to go away! Talk about professionalism, folks! This after I have done some commercial flying in Canada too.

Hearing from my friends who have worked there, it's really a sad and frustrating place to be if you were a local. The root of the problem comes with the government itself.

Am I bitter? Sure not as much as before. Then again, who wouldn't be? Being born in a country where no citizenship was offered to you and now not being able to work there! Now the government wonders why all the educated individuals with credentials left the country?