PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 3 (Including the FlyBe/BACon merger)
Old 7th Dec 2006, 20:56
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Well, if FlyBe want to improve one thing ... they can start with BA on-line check in. Normally reasonable but tonight was a classic.

First off, my Exec CLub preference states WINDOW, so I am pre-allocated an AISLE.

I then go to select one of the dozen seats that I could cheerfully sit in and find that the browser will not allow me to click on any of them. I reckon that it might be my Firefox 2.0 browser (althought that should not make any difference, some sites are stupid about these things). So I back out from on-line check in, load IE and start again.

This also means that I have to repeat the stupid business of checking a box to say that I have the permission to check in all the members of my party - even though I am travelling alone. This means that the twits who approved the final release did not have the software check if the person is a sole traveller and so puts them to more trouble.

I then discover that I am already 'Checked In' and that I can now print my boarding pass if I want to. Gosh, how clever of the website to check me in when I had not told it to. Must be some super-special code those boys have.

There is no facilty to change the seat allocation and so I am left change this at the terminal. Yes, it is a teeny-tiny thing but if you cannot get the basics right, then you have got nothing right and, if there are no window seats left on the flight my trip will be greatly diminished in pleasure.
So, three mistakes:
  1. Long stated seat preference ignored
  2. Required to tick boxes that have no relevance
  3. Software failed to carry out my request which will give more work for the staff at LGW on the day.
End of Rant.