PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - fo/fo's sacked?
Thread: fo/fo's sacked?
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2006, 19:17
CruisingSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CX salary is a good industry average, and somewhat better than what I earn now, but I guess there are other considerations not so easily quantifiable…

I now have considerably less cost than I had in Hong Kong.
I fly more, i.e. landings per DAY than the average CX pilot gets in a whole month.
I fly the airplane I actually enjoy flying on an everyday basis.
I fly daytime only on a stable roster and I am home most nights which means I feel good in my free time.
I am secure from being subjected to arbitrary bullying by my employer and I no longer have to tolerate this happening to my friends and peers.
I actually like and respect my managers, as they lead and motivate by example.
I enjoy turning up for work, being myself and having a good day with my colleagues.
I feel although my airline has its own acute problems that I am a valued part of a more holistic organisation which fosters rather than represses team spirit, a big problem for me in Hong Kong.

All non monetary rewards and perhaps non-essential to some out for a widebody job and a big paycheck, but part of my personal equation.

To the little family who will struggle this Christmas I sincerely hope that they will cope with what lies ahead and move on to a more secure future. To the managers responsible, although highly unlikely, I hope that they will be held accountable.