PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mango - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Dec 2006, 18:46
orgasmotron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Tulco / Mango RT Procedures

Is it just my imagination or does other forum browsers also find that general RT used by Mango / Tulco drivers are of a very poor standard? I have carefully listened to their transmissions during the past week or so and found that a lot of their messages are long winded, inaccurate and without callsigns being read back.

Today overheard something like this:
" Uhh, Central Tulco ***, we are picking up a lot of CB's and thunderstorms ahead and would like to route, Uh......, maybe a little bit left, uh say......20 degrees for about, Uh.... 90 miles or so, would that be ok?"

All the other carriers were just saying "Central XYZ 123 request left/right of track for weather"

They sound a lot like those old spoories skygods (My tail is orange) who always had to give a 10 page explanation for each request and then only read back half the instructions, like in the old days when they were the only ones above FL 250 and had the frequency to themselves.

Maybe our ATC friends can also contribute or maybe set the record straight if I am over reacting.