PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 3 (Including the FlyBe/BACon merger)
Old 6th Dec 2006, 10:31
Cyrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bmibaby.com
It seems that flybe will be taking over things like lounges, so are flybe considering offering Executive Club benefits to keep ex-BA passengers loyal, or are they hoping they will switch to the Skyteam-weighted flybe frequent flyer offering.
Not sure if you are looking at a different frequent flyer offering to me, but the flyBE "Passport to Freedom" scheme here is a modest frequent flyer programme, with much to be modest about (and no flight redemptions on any carrier other than flyBE). I don't see any Skyteam link.

And as for your question "are flyBE considering Exec Club benefits to keep ex-BA passengers loyal?" I have to ask: loyal versus what? taking the train or the ferry? The fact that BA Connect offered (some) Exec Club benefits didn't save them, so why should flyBE increase its costs in one fell swoop by paying BA for Exec Club miles on all its routes, including the ones where it doesn't face any significant competition?

(Yes, I know that flyBE competes with other LCCs on some of its routes, but it seems to manage fairly well, and increasing costs across the whole network for a marginal benefit on a few routes doesn't make any sense to me.)

Brgds
C.