PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2006, 00:10
MR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MC Cavok,

Well, you obviously are on the B777 fleet. Looking at your previous posts (all 4 of them.. lol) I noticed that you joined in November 2005, so you're ONLY one year in the company, and already whining about possible upgrade delays because your Airbus COLLEAGUES who have been in the company for nearly four years might take a seat on the B777.

First of all, you should be ashamed of your attitude, it's people like you who give pilots a bad name, moaning about something where there should be absolutely nothing to moan about.

Second, In about two years time, there will be B777 deliveries, hence upgrades on the B777. Meanwhile the A380 will arrive, so no Buspeople on the B777 anymore. If you do the math, you should know that you won't be delayed because of a few Airbus guys (more senior than you) joining the Boeing fleet now.

Third, if you absolutely want to ventilate your concerns, why not join the forces and write to TCAS and Ed about the total lack of career planning caused by the DEC's that join? They are the JUNIOR guys that take up your place! I know that up to now, nothing happens because of people writing, and you might call me an optimist, but the more people write about their concerns, the more the chances that something might happen. (ok, call me a very big optimist, on drugs or whatever...)

Fourth, your attitude is exactly what EK managers aim for with their divide and conquer strategy. United we stand, divided we'll fall...

This is not a personal attack, just wondering what the hell you are thinking.. And yes, I'm one of the F/O's on the bus...

MR8