PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No more "buy a job" at jetstar???
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2006, 00:22
cunninglinguist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack, you dont recover 13.5 from the taxman ( other than in your tax return ) you recover the 20k remaining outlay, in most cases, by earning a good income over the next umpteen years. I have been told by management, and if you do the numbers with the amount of a/c coming in the next 2 years, that 2 years or less is a reasonable time frame to command. I'm not sure if my 8000 hrs jet command and training experience has any bearing on that.

Chimbu, I signed an EBA 2 weeks prior to commencing Alteon endo, was already employed by Jet* ( conditionally ) at commencement of course.
You say VB and Jet* endo's not tax deductible and yet hundreds of guys have gotten tax returns already.
The 2 cases that were taken to court by the tax department did'nt get past the steps of the court, AFAP info, not mine.
...and ur right, u r not an accountant.

Nothing more to say on this matter, apart from sick to the teeth of defending my decision to go to Jet*, nobody knows me, my circumstances or most other peoples for that matter.
These threads are full of misinformation by smartalecs who would'nt have a clue what they are talking about, and how could they unless they worked for the company in question?

Ciao