PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IFALPA Ban on Cathay Hiring
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2001, 13:51
Truth Seekers Int'nl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HK1 no offence,old chap,but I remember a similiar burst sent to the AFAP during the '89 Pilot's Dispute and I personaly regard it as Union brow beating and tripe. You see, my brother was a brand new B737 F/O when this started and I,together with my Dad, read a lot of literature during that time. It was amongst the letters from the PM,Abeles,Company solicitors etc and in the end it all amounted to SH!T.
Many of the AFAP office bearers went back and signed contracts. My brother lost his job,(he resigned actualy on the advice from the union) home,wife and a couple of mates who signed up.
I swore from that time on I would never be a union member and would look after myself in this industry. The AFAP have done little for us GA guys down here in Oz and I now have the opportunity to get out of this Company and work for an airline.
I am not the only one and we agree that we will not have any impact on the current situation as we will only be Second Officers.
I look forward to the 15 hour trips. It would take me longer to tell you what hell my brother was put through thanks to union madness.
You don't worry me HK1 nor does the AOA. I want the job I have tried so hard to get in the past 6 months and I have the chance now to secure it and no union or threats are going to stop me getting it.
Your comments about my thoughts on the guys that lost their jobs are that of a desperate man. Those guys have my deepest condolences, because they are going through what my brother went through 12 years ago.
You have a good one HK1.