PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ek This Bad?
Thread: Is Ek This Bad?
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2006, 03:43
Myway or the highway

Smile does EK really treat their staff well as they advertise?

Hi there all,

I have placed a similiar thread to this in another topic, but decided to put a separate one for exposure!

Situation as I have been contacted by EK for grade 09 position (but after 9 nmths since the advert was posted....which in itself begs a question!)and possible interview, I thought it best to canvas those currently in DXB and working for EK as to what they are like in looking after their people...DO THEY REALLY WALK THE WALK AND NOT JUST TALK THE TALK?

I know the salary for EK09 is around 18,000 dhs pmth....are they negotiable?
I have recieved the conditions sheet (with no base salary) but everything else seems OK on outside!

I have seen some unfavourable comments re housing, as i WAS looking to use the company accommodation and some have said they have been moved numerous times, why is this and is this normal? obviously we dont want to keep having to move every so often as this a real pain in the arse!

we want to be in a villa near the city for ease of access and does an EK09 get a villa (how many bedrooms?) or apartment?

are the villas freestanding or in a compound with pool, garage or carport, etc? what sort of condition are they in (incl the furniture)?

does one get to choose the villa (accommodation) or are you just given one and lump it or like it?

Where is the desert camp, why would one want to go out that far?

cost of living question: what a normal/ average trolley of groceries cost their for a family of 2 adults/1 child?

can anyone give me a precis of the interview process (non pilot/aircrew) as I believe it is over a 2 day period and did they arrange airfare, accommodation and visa (and pay for it) and what about meals?, where is it held?

for the interview do they pick you up at the airport and drop you off again?

what is cost of petrol?

what are better areas for renting (if I go that route) ...only get around 106,000 dhs pa for rent allowance (and it seems to rent a 3 bed villa in decent area at least 150k dhs pa or more?

tips on schools for child just entering high school ?

any issues re the health, insurance side of things with the company?

re the staff profit share...for an EK09 what was that over the last few financial years and is this based on a potential of your base salary?

I also noticed they may have an additional bonus if exceed their nominated profit, has that ever happened? how is that share based?

I know there will be those of you who will have an axe to grind and I am happy for you to vent your steam, however all I ask is that you can keep it objective for me at the same time, I do need to hear all the pros and the cons from you good folk.

all for now will have q's more later

rgds

Myway