PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IFALPA Ban on Cathay Hiring
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2001, 00:56
busdriver25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

Please, take the CX job. If working conditions continue on their present course, in a few years, you'll wish you listened. I'm not saying that it isn't fun flying some of the most advanced jets, but management are trying to turn this, once great airline, into a second rate airline that nobody works for unless they can't get a job anywhere else. By all means, come and work for CX. It won't bother me in the least. I am just informing possible candidates of what they will be in store for if they venture out to HKG. Leave your home country and live a large portion of your life in a foreign country. CX use to pay a premium for this. Now they have B-scale pay (40% less than A-scale used to be). Now A-scale is 27%less than it used to be. They have another pay scale for freighter pilots. Now this new overtime offer they gave us only pays 1/2 of what our regular pay was--not time and a half, 1/2 pay. Well, I could ramble on for hours about this company. You make up your own mind...it's your future, chose it wisely.

[ 12 August 2001: Message edited by: busdriver25 ]