PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 4
Thread: CORK - 4
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2006, 16:53
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, if a decision was forthcoming on the new terminal's debt the CAA might be able to get somewhere, right a few things like getting a Cobus vehicle for the ramp, put in a few more airbridges and oblige the likes of Ryanair use them if they wanted to do business at Cork and if they did not tell 'em politely as possible to go sling their 'ook!

I should like to thank you, Faire D'income, for your comprehensive summary of CATIII operations in the Ryanair thread. Very intersting material which I have referred to a number of times since your post on the subject and for which again I thank you.

To the best of my knowledge a measure of preparatory work for CATIII was done at Cork a few years ago so whilst it may be a very expensive undertaking it may just be technically feasible? That would have been at a time with a lot less traffic at the airport than now. As I understand it Cork's trouble lies mostly with the RVR in the horizontal with the Vertical viz being less of a problem and if it is any help I am almost certain that some A319 and 757 aircraft have done some CATII autolands at Cork in the last few years. So, what is the difference between a CATII autoland and one at CATIII minima, the autoland part itself should be the same?

Then again, I concede I might be getting it all wrong. Understanding ideas in physics etc and me normally dont see eye to eye!