PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 4
Thread: CORK - 4
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2006, 14:20
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Cork Airport Bus!

The Cork Airport bus has been summoned into action again today amidst the howling gales and the lashing rain and in weather like this it would make you think hard why the new Cork terminal has been left the way it is with just the one airbridge. It is a disgrace that at any sizeable state airport on a day like today that any pax have to be doing any traipsing at all around on a ramp. The Minister for Transport, the DAA, the CAA and the cute sleaveens in the golden circle of the old Aer Rianta and perhaps even an element in EI have a lot to answer for Cork not having more airbridges for decent Cork Airport passengers to use on such a bad day as this today. People are paying enough in charges to be awarded the comfort of at least staying dry and warm as much as possible in such severe winter weather.

There may yet be a Cork Airport Candidate in next year's General Election even if I have to stand myself if I get any more angry about the situation!

It was for a change this morning that Cork Airport had one of those rare events, a diversion from Shannon! The Ryanair flight from Liverpool diverted to Cork due to cross winds that caused a fair amount of other disruptions from the Shannon programme today, notably some of the American schedules including a Delta diversion to Dublin. Even a certain F-__DD, (A380?) was considering shooting an approach at Cork before the winds improved enough at Shannon for an approach. Presumably, it would have been a go around had Cork had got a visit this morning from the mighty Airbus jet?

Airbus aircraft are not wholly without precedent at Cork, Boeing neither for that matter. The Cathay Pacific A330 and the Condor 757-300 that arrived from Iceland in bad weather some years ago comes to mind.

Last edited by Tom the Tenor; 30th Nov 2006 at 15:35.