PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nationwide current issues (threads merged)
Old 29th Nov 2006, 17:11
nugpot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shrike200
Nugpot, I completely agree with you. They're just struggling with the transition from one style of doing things (low pay, high turnover, and rapid command which results in a useable salary) to another (more career orientated, longer term prospects).
The problem is they've introduced the slower system without any career benefits. Therefore, they are struggling now with the usual (or worse) crew turnover problem, exacerbated by the ok job market. They should have introduced at least an attempt at some career type benefits (ie a pension for example) when they saw this coming (which they would have had to be blind to miss).
Your points are very valid, and I must admit my dealings with Mr VB ended after the BAC1-11 groundschool, but before employment, so I am in the dark about the situation there.

SAX also had a high FO turnover, but that has changed with the employment policies of the national carrier. This caused a rethink about FO scales in 2004. Now the SFO's can afford to wait for command, although nobody wants to wait too long .

SAX has become a career airline for many and hopefully NTW can do the same. - or you can put in a CV at SAX.