PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jerez V Oxford: Again!
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2006, 22:22
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris take to be told.

Scroggs has a lot more experience in aviation than you and has moderated/corrected/advised many people on schools/courses. You asked for advise and he's cut the long story short for you.

Employers don't really care much for the name on your CV, They will look at time on your log book with more detail. I will be going modular route thanks to many many hours of researching on here and google and the advise from the people here. That is not to say modular is the better option for everybody - but it'll suit my needs better.

I know a guy that finished Uni applied for a £50k loan with HSBC and his parents funded the rest and off he went to Jerez within 6 months of coming home he work for GB Airways and he thinks his £80k was worth it. Unfortunatly I can't take that route and will not have an £80k debt around my neck with no guarentee of a Job. I'll work my way up the ladder as a FI / Crop Sprayer / Tug or whatever else.

If you have £80k burning a hole in your pocket then good luck and I wish you all the best (even though I am jealous). I am not much older than you and I don't have a quarter of that £80k toward my training yet.

Andrew