PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jerez V Oxford: Again!
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2006, 20:21
cfwake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you scroggs.

consider me told off! I'll certainly go away and rethink my plans and stance because actually you know, i really hadn't even begun to consider the 80 grand loan that i'm having to scrape together to fund my flying training! i hadn't thought that i'm going to be paying it back for over 5 years assuming i get a job, and i certainly hadn't considered, like pretty much every other student that undertakes this major financial commitment, the very very severe effects of not finding employment within, say, six months such as having to declare bankruptcy and all of the future restrictions that that would place upon me in terms of buying property and securing all other finances, especially as i work in the finance industry at the moment and am confronted daily with people who are about to get thrown of of their homes!

i also had COMPLETELY forgotten to consider any other airline than the glittering prospect of flying for BA - it's certainly the only airline that i have thought of flying for! in fact, aren't all OAT graduates guaranteed that nice lovely 747 cockpit and wonderful uniform with the accolade of "Trained by OAT"???

ah well, time to go away and rethink!!! silly me! i'll have to go away and start again eh! thanks for talking turkey and bringing me, a 'little fishy', a lot closer to reality!!!

the part of your post which so delicately describes my carefully weighted argument about the sims? did you notice that i said "while it may not be worth almost twelve thousand more" in there? or did you read it as 'Oxford Aviation School's Frasca II 737-400 three-axis flight simulators are some of the most advanced in the world and have been carefully chosen with the needs of the student in mind to provide a more realistic and enjoyable training experience.' the latter certainly sounds more like what you read!

please enlighten us all, were you a modular pilot scroggs? and please just assure me that you did actually take to heart what i said about the private schools part of your post, because you stayed pretty quiet on that one!

in your reply to this post, if you wish to, please reiterate some of the "unfiltered sales blurb that is regurgitated by those who have yet to start training". include those parts which credit OAT with things that are untrue and biased towards OAT only and no other flying school?

many thanks scroggs